Positioned midway between the Swan River and the Indian Ocean, you'll find this charming, renovated c.1920 cottage at 89 Monument Street. Featuring four bedrooms, two bathrooms and two separate internal living areas, this gorgeous family abode occupies an easy-care 420sqm site with a delightful rear yard and sparkling pool.
The weatherboard and iron home features a quaint white picket fence, with roses framing the timber-decked veranda. Inside, stunning timber floors and soaring ceilings flow through the entry and lounge to the well-appointed kitchen and open-plan living zone. Three double-sized bedrooms at the front of the home include white plantation shutters and ceiling fans, with a working fireplace in one. The lounge offers a separate space where the kids can relax and features built-in cabinetry and a desk, either side of the brick and limestone fireplace.
Double French doors lead to the family area, where lofty cathedral ceilings create a light-filled, open space for the family to come together. The spacious U-shaped kitchen boasts stainless steel cooking appliances, a Bosch dishwasher, glass splashbacks and an abundance of cupboards above and below the benches. Adjacent, the spacious, beautifully renovated family bathroom has white, full-height tiling, exquisite Italian floor tiles, and a frameless shower over the bath. Large enough to incorporate the laundry, you'll also find plenty of cabinets and room for your washer and dryer, and the WC is conveniently separate.
The master suite to the rear of the home includes plantation shutters, a ceiling fan and a picturesque outlook over the rear gardens and pool. Enjoy the large walk-in robe and stylish, renovated ensuite - complete with a floating vanity, semi-frameless shower and WC.
The pitched roofline extends to create a fantastic alfresco entertaining space, looking over frameless glass balustrading to the inviting heated pool. The generous lawn area is perfect for kids and furry family members alike, with the Skate Park, Mann Oval, Camelot Theatre & Davis Oval around the corner when more rigorous activities are required.
Walk to kindergarten and school without crossing a road, in under 1 minute! Metres from Mosman Park Primary School and Iona Junior School, this location is hard to top. Walk to the ocean and the river, local shops and restaurants on Glyde Street, and public transport at Victoria Street Station and Stirling Highway. Arrive in Fremantle and the Claremont Quarter in under 10 minutes, and Cottesloe beaches in 5.
Contact James Heath from Collective Property Group on 0478 064 428, to register your interest in this exceptional home today.
• Four bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
• Circa 1920 weatherboard and iron character cottage
• Jarrah floorboards throughout (carpets to bedrooms)
• Cathedral ceilings with exposed beams
• Spacious kitchen with stainless steel appliances
• Two internal living areas
• Combined family bathroom & laundry
• Italian feature floor tiles
• Great separation between minor bedrooms & master suite
• Two working fireplaces
• Heated ChemiGem (self-dosing) swimming pool
• Frameless glass balustrading
• Plantation shutters
• Reverse cycle air conditioning units x 3
• Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and alfresco
• Small garden shed
• Gas hot water system
• Fully reticulated front & rear gardens
• Internal monitored alarm
• Solar panels
• 120m to Mosman Park Primary School
• 740m to Iona Presentation College
• 320m to Iona Junior School
• 1.7km to St Hilda's Anglican School
• 1.5km to Beehive Montessori School
• 600m to Monument Hill Park
• 120m to Mann Oval
• 600m to Victoria Street Station
• 600m to Stirling Highway bus route
• 960m to Marine Parade dog beach
• 3.5km to the Claremont Quarter
• 4.8km to central Fremantle