An opportunity to acquire one of Western Australia's most historic and iconic properties along with arguably the best view of any property in Perth. This magnificent property sits proudly on the hill' and offers stunning, almost 360 degree views from Rottnest island to the west back to the city and river to the north as well as sweeping views back to the hills in the east.
The stunning property combines beautiful traditional materials and craftsmanship in the original home and a high quality contemporary finish throughout the extension.
Situated on a sizable 1228sqm land holding. The residence over at over 600sqm has been architecturally converted and redeveloped over time, with the main focus on maximizing the stunning unbridled views from all levels and rooms, and restoring the property to its former glory whilst adding a modern flair to create an enchanting and comfortable home.
The extension consists of the kitchen, informal living and dining, whilst the original residence houses formal living, library, cellar, bathrooms and bedrooms. The extension flows effortlessly into the existing bones of the home, and both have stellar entertaining options that maximise the unrivalled vista.
The history and charm are overwhelmingly apparent upon viewing this spectacular home, and the location and unhindered views are second to none. Recently awarded the State Heritage Award for Renovation, the time and effort spent in restoring and improving this stunning residence have not gone unnoticed. Its prestige and distinctiveness are timeless.
- External limestone and tuck-pointed brick features
- Double lock-up garage
- Gourmet kitchen with expansive island Caesar Stone bench; quality electric cabinetry; integrated Miele appliances including dishwasher and coffee machine; Elica designer range-hood. This kitchen oozes class in every sense of the word and the storage options presented are endless.
- Informal living and dining. Stacked sliding glass panels separate this space from the outside entertainer's decked alfresco. Enjoy the manicured bore-reticulated garden and the cityscape from this vantage point.
- Jarrah floorboards extend through the home
- Soaring 4.2m ceilings to the lower level and 3.6m ornate ceilings upstairs
- Under-house cellar
- Kids activity/home theatre
- Home office. The extension and office have data cabling.
- Formal living room
- Library with kitchenette
- Master suite with stunning ocean and river views, built in robes and ensuite.
- Three minor bedrooms that are all well sized; two of the three feature ensuites and one a separate study.
- Family bathroom. The bathrooms in the house are simplistic and contemporary with quality fixtures and fittings throughout, as well as floor to ceiling tiling in neutral hues.
- Seven original fireplaces throughout.
- Approx 185m2 of wrap-around decking upstairs and down. The perfect place to soak up the stunning vista from either level.
- Sparkling pool
To arrange a viewing please contact James Heath on 0478064428 or Toby Astil 0410855803
Garages: 2 Air Conditioning: Yes Alarm System: Yes Pool: Yes ()
OTHER FEATURES INCLUDE Built-In Wardrobes,Close to Schools,Close to Shops,Close to Transport,Fireplace(s),Study